McDonalds in Malaysia
[ back to McDonalds index ]
Malaysia, being a predominently muslim country, has particular dietary requirements which are reflected int he McDonalds menu items. See more about McDonalds in Muslim Countries. All the food items would be Halal (fit for Muslim consumption) for its Muslim customers. You also will not find any hamburgers listed on the menu. There will be what we would call hamburgers, but due to Muslims not eating pig meat, they will be referred to as beef-burgers instead.
During our visit to Malaysia in 2010 we visited a McDonalds restaurant and made the following observations:
unique menu Items:
- Spicy Chicken McDeluxe
- Ayam Chicken McD - regular or spicy
- Burbur Ayam McD
- Egg McMuffin with Chicken Roll
- Corn Cup
- Drinks: Milo (hot or cold), Ribena
- see McDonalds index for other articles about McDonalds Restaurants around the world.
- Food in Malaysia - guide to the mix of food styles in Malaysia
- if you have corrections or comments to make, please send a message