McDonalds in Asia
[ back to McDonalds index ]
The following are examples of menu items from selected countries of Asia. Although many of the standard McDonald menu items that will be found in US restaurants can also be found here, many of the other menu items reflect regional specialties or adaptations due to religious or cultural reasons. The following items have been part of the menu at some stage, and may or may not be still on the menu today.
- Grilled chicken foldover – uses flat bread and an artificial meat patty
- Rice cake burger – comes in two varieties. A crispy chicken fillet between two mushroom flavoured rice cakes and minimal mayonnaise. The beef one uses plain white rice cakes, and strips of marinated beef. ‘Rice made fan-tastic’ is the slogan!
- McSpicy – a spicy chicken burger with real chicken
- Fish McDippers – which are fish nuggets
- McWings – deep fried battered chicken wings
- Milo – a chocolate drink, was on the menu as a hot or iced drink
- The Love Burger – prime cut chicken grilled to tender perfection. Smothered with the tangy taste of honey mustard sauce and topped with a delicious combination of juicy tomatoes and fresh lettuce
- Kampung Burger – farm fresh lettuce, cheese, a patty of chicken sausage and a tangy slice of chicken, topped by a slice of pineapple, all packed between two old-fashioned toasted muffins
- McPepper Burger – Two beef patties smothered in a thick, spicy black pepper sauce and topped with diced onions
- McTowkay Burger – an egg and a beef patty marinated in a special "towkay" sauce, crispy lettuce and mayonnaise, all sandwiched between a sesame bun.
- Kiasu Burger – extra large lean chicken patty seasoned with extra spices, marinated with extra sauce, topped with fresh lettuce, all sandwiched on an extra large sesame seed bun.
Milkshakes are not offered though.
- Samurai Pork Burger - a burger marinated with teriyaki sauce. They also offer the regular pork burger
- Black Pepper Pork Supreme - a burger of pork, topped with onions and special black pepper sauce.
- Black Pepper Chicken Supreme - a burger of chicken special black pepper sauce.
- Instead of the regular apple pie, they offer taro, sweet corn or pineapple pie
- McNuggets and fried chicken make it on the menu.
- Twister fries – curly cut fries mixed with a specialty of ingredients.
- Green tea - sweet and sour and refreshing
McDonalds Japan (Makudonarudo - that's "McDonald's" in Japanese)
- Teriyaki McBurger – burger seasoned with the famous Japanese teriyaki sauce.
- Bacon Potato Pie (just like a McDonald's Apple Pie, but filled with potato and bacon)
- French Fries With Seaweed Flavouring (nori), also in curry, mexican, and barbecue flavours.
- Chicken Tatsuta Burger – a grilled breast of chicken with a sort of ginger-soy-mayo sauce.
- Green Tea Shake
- Rice dishes were once served (though no longer) and a chicken sandwich flavored with soy sauce and ginger is a seasonal product.
- They also have a seafood burger called EBI O-Fillet, which contains fish and shrimp.
- McSpaghetti - Pasta in a sauce with frankfurter bits
- In 1993, a popular combo featured spaghetti with fried chicken wings.
- Also unique to the Filipino menu is the Burger McDo, a burger tailored to Filipino tastes, including a popular local condiment: banana ketchup.
McDonald's Hong Kong
- Curry Potato Pie
- Red Bean Sundae
- Shake Shake Fries
- Fresh corn cup served with margarine.
- Also in Hong Kong – McDonald's sells chicken and pork burgers, fried chicken wings and nuggets.
- Maharaja Mac - "two all lamb patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun." the Maharaja Mac was originally a mutton burger, but is now a chicken burger due to a preference for chicken over mutton.
- Chicken Maharaja Mac – Maharaja is a great ruler!
- Veggie nuggets – with masala and chili dipping sauces
- Many more vegetarian options that meat options, however to align with Indian dietary fat intake most of the burgers are deep fried.
- McAloo tikka burger – a spicy potato pattie
- McCurry Pan – chicken or paneer leavened bread cooked like a pizza
- Veggie pizza McPuff – looks like the apple pie, but has a saucy curried filling
- Paneer and salad wrap – deep fried unfermented cheese with salad in a flat bread wrap
- Mexican chicken wrap – not sure why this was on the menu!?
- Spicy McChicken burger – served with chutney.
- McKofta – a meatball sandwich
- Strawberry custard pie
- Pineapple flavored sundae, Pineapple pie, and the mango-flavored milkshake are all seasonal menu items.
- In Korea, kimchi and bulgogi burgers are offered along with a red bean pie.
- see McDonalds index for other articles.
- if you have corrections or comments to make, please send a message.