The food of Hong Kong
These notes were made during a short trip to Hong Kong. These are just our food experiences and you may have a totally different experience depending on your budget, where you travel and where you eat.
Notes from December 2005, Hong Kong
We only had an overnight stopover in Hong Kong this time. Though I have been there before for a week. One of our favourite things to eat is Chinese Dim Sum, which we first had while in Malaysia.
Much of the meat is processed meat in balls added to soups or on a skewer and barbecued.
- Wantan noodle soup - prawn and pork parcels cooked in clear broth
- Dumpling noodle soup
- Fish ball rice noodle soup
- Meat ball rice noodle soup
- Mixed vegetables is just an asian leafy green
At the McDonalds in Hong Kong, there were the following on the breakfast menu:
- A special of bacon and egg twisty pasta - chicken broth with tomato, cabbage. carrots, corn and peas. The bacon and egg were added on the top.
- Fillet of fish is on the breakfast menu
- Fresh corn cup served with margarine.