- Clare - 1991
- Clare and Rob - 2001
- Clare and Rob - 2012
Bali, an island of Indonesia, is a popular tourist destination.
- Beaches: crowded but nice, with good surfing and warm waters.
- Shopping: cheap clothing and local handicrafts
- Everything is cheap
- Weather - nice all year round
- Jimbarran Bay: freshly cooked seafood in front of you, take your pick of any along this strip, as they all do much the same.
- Terrorist danger: tourist numbers are slowly coming back up after the Bali bombing of 2002.
- You have to haggle for everything which can become draining after a while.
- You can't relax at the beach as you are constantly hassled by the local who want to massage you or sell you something.
Eating & Drinking:
- The food is cheap and tasty. Make sure you search out the local eateries for more traditional meals. For breakfast, shop around for an all-you-can-eat breakfast - a great way to start the day.
- There are heaps of pubs, though unfortunately the Sari Club and Paddy's Bar are no longer around.