A great town on Victoria's Shipwreck Coast.
Places to see and things to do
- take a walk around Griffiths Island and Fisherman's Wharf
- Take a self guided walk around town (map available from the visitor centre), learning about the many historic buildings. Also visit the cemetery for a history lesson about the early pioneers
- In wintertime see the many birds on the river and mud flats. On Griffith Island, you can see the mutton birds
- play a round of golf
- visit Mott's Cottage
- have a picnic or bbq, or a freash seafood meal at a restaurant
- follow the 'Shipwreck Walk Trail' or Art Trail.
- relax on the beach
- All Victorian towns