Located on the south side of the Murray River, and part of the Echuca-Moama twin towns. Echuca is the older of the towns, based around the historic buildings from times when this was a busy inland port. You can relive these time by taking a cruise along the river on a restored paddle steamer.
Places to see and things to do
- Stroll around the historic port precinct
- Have lunch on a paddle steamer as it chugs up the river
- Sample some foods and wines from the region.
- Take a ride on the horse and carriage aroundt he streets of Echuca, leaving from the historic precinct.
- Hire a houseboat and spend a few days cruising up and down the Murray
- Take a day trip to Gunblower, Torrumbarry, Lockington, Tongala, Rochester, Kyabram, Girgarre, and Rushworth
- Take a trip across the river into Moama for a cheap meal at one of the clubs, or take your chances with the pokies
- All Victorian towns