Driving Around Australia
The best way to see Australia is to drive. And you will need to do a lot of driving too.
RV or Motorhome
The vehicle of choice for many Round-Australia trips is the RV (recreational vehicle) or campervan. See out list of what to look for in a vehicle.
Where to Go
There are so many places to visit around Australia, you can never hope to visit them all. There are places to suit everyone. For a short guide to many cities and towns around around, see the Australia travel guide.
In the well known song "I've been everywhere" , popularised by a recent Telstra advertising campaign, some great place names of Australian towns are listed. Have you been to many of them?
Great Road Trips of Australia
Getting around Australia is all about driving. With the long distances between cities, it is the way to get from place to place and really get to see what this country is all about. more
Around Australia Trivia
- How far is it, and what is the quickest way? Plus more trivia.
- A trip packing list of essential supplies for an around Australia driving and camping holiday.
- There is also a pack up checklist of what you need to do before you leave home or leave a campsite.
- Camp Cooking — recipes and ideas for simple camp fire cooking while you travel.
- Fruit Fly Exclusion Zone — where not to take fruit
- Camping Etiquette
- Travel Costs — to give you an idea
- Van Names — personalising your vehicle
- the Outback Driver Wave
- Sterilising Water Tanks
- about the Great Ocean Road
- photos from around Australia