Hiking Safety Guide
back to the: Hiking Guide
If you are planning on going for a significant hike, you should make note of the following safety points:
- consider your health and fitness before undertaking a particular hike.
- Notify a friend or relative of your plans.
- check weather conditions before you set out.
- Don't walk alone.
- carry a mobile phone or other signal device.
- observe all safety signs.
- Carry and drink plenty of water. carry extra food and water in case you get lost.
- Carry a first aid kit and know how to use it.
- wear a shady hat, sunscreen, and insect repellant.
- avoid strenuous activity during the heat of the day.
- wear suitable sturdy footwear.
- keep to designated tracks and roads.
- swim only were recommended.