McDonalds in Muslim Countries
[ back to McDonalds index ]
The following are examples of menu items from countries which have a predominantly Muslim population, and the menu items reflect this. In McDonalds Restaurants in Muslim countries the hamburgers (and all food items for that matter) must be Halal (fit for Muslim consumption) for its Muslim customers.
The following items listed have been part of the menu at some stage, and may or may not be still on the menu.
Commonly you will find that they do not call the burgers 'hamburgers' as such. Instead they call them Beefburgers so as to make it clear that there is no ham in them.
- McFalafel burger – served on a pita bread pocket.
- Big Mac Chicken – comes with the regular Big Mac sauce, and salad, however the beef patties are replaced with breaded and fried chicken patties, as used in the chicken sandwiches.
- In Turkey, McDonald's offers the Turkish drink 'Ayran' and hamburger variants such as a hamburger with kebab. Also on the menu is McTurco – a flat bread burger
McDonald's Sabah & Malaysia
- McEgg – not a McMuffin but a burger. Also Fried Chicken and Pineapple Pie has been on the menu (see more about McDonalds in Malaysia for latest information)
- McDonalds in Arabia
- see McDonalds index for other articles about McDonalds Restaurants around the world
- if you have corrections or comments to make, please send a message