Located on the south side of the Murray River in Victoria's north-west. It is 550 kms from Melbourne, 400 kms north east of Adelaide and 1080 km west of Sydney. The town was started with the Murray River irrigation scheme, which still provides water to the surrounding fruit crops.
Places to see and things to do
- You can take a cruise along the river on a restored paddle steamer.
- have a meal at celebrity chef Stefano de Pieri's restaurant, and sample some of the local produce.
- head north across the river to historic Wentworth in NSW.
- On the south edge of Mildura is Red Cliffs, home to Big LIzzie the giant tractor
Rio Grande Historic Home
- old Mildura Homestead
- RIo Vista House, the former home ot Mildura Irrigation Settlement pioneer, WB Chaffey. The building is now an art gallery.
- Mildura Lock and Weir
- Mildura Wharf
- Mildura Grand Hotel
- Psyche Bend Pumping Station
- Big Lizzie
- Wentworth Wharf
- All Victorian towns