Lakes Entrance is situated in the Gippsland area between the towns of Bairnsdale and Orbost. The town is located at a man-made channel that links Bass Strait and the Tasman Sea.
Top Places to See and Things to Do
- Go fishing from one ofthe jetties
- Catch a feerry from Paynesville to Raymond Island
- Browse the markets on occasional Saturdays and Sundays
- Eat fresh fish and chips
- Go swimming at 90 mile beach or at 'the entrance'.
- Have a beer at the historic Metung Hotel
- Cross the wooden footbridge to 90 mile beach
- get an overview of the waterways from Jemmy's Lookout
Is this list incomplete or incorrect? Please Email us a suggestion.
- All Victorian towns